The Celebrate100! initiative was a yearlong community celebration that provided citizens of Sault Ste. Marie with an opportunity to reflect over the 100 year history of the community since becoming an incorporated city on April 16, 1912. Highlights of the 2012 Celebrate100! project included:
- The official countdown to Celebrate100! - ‘100 Days to 100 Years’ that commenced on September 23, 2011;
- The official kick-off to Celebrate100! on January 1, 2012 at the Essar Centre;
- Dr. Roberta Bondar Days January 23 – 30;
- Our city’s 100th birthday on April 16 with an historic City Council meeting;
- Celebrate Canada and Celebrate100! Sault Ste. Marie Day on July 1;
- Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada and Mrs. Sharon Johnston visit to Sault Ste. Marie on August 29; and
- The official farewell to Celebrate100! on December 30 at the Essar Centre.
Thank you Sault Ste. Marie! We had a good time!